Hospital Negligence Lawyer in NYC
If you or a loved one were injured due to negligence of hospital staff, you need the help of experienced NYC medical malpractice lawyers. Call us at 212-943-1090 for a free consultation.
Hospital negligence can lead to serious injury or death and includes malpractice by doctors, nurses, nurse's aides, physician's assistants and technicians who are employed by the hospital. Some of the types of hospital negligence include inadequate staffing, inadequate supervision, or the failure to perform or properly interpret diagnostic tests.
However it occurs, there is no excuse for placing patients in danger by providing inadequate or negligent care. Licensed and regulated by Federal and State law, hospitals must adhere to certain policies and procedures in order to ensure the health and well-being of their patients. When patients are injured due to negligence, hospitals are liable for the injuries they cause.
Our firm also handles emergency room error claims. Emergency rooms must care for critical and non-critical patients in a fast-paced environment. Staff in emergency rooms are trained in triage—the assessment of the seriousness of a medical condition in order to provide prompt care when needed. A incorrect assessment of a patient's condition can lead to delayed diagnoses and delayed treatment, which can lead to death for critically ill or injured patients.Our New York City Hospital Negligence Lawyers Can Help
The attorneys at Gair, Gair, Conason, Rubinowitz, Bloom, Hershenhorn, Steigman & Mackauf understand how to challenge hospitals, identify violations of policy and regulations, and uncover negligence. Relentless and comprehensive, we interview hospital staff, obtain records, and conduct a thorough investigation of our own. We also seek to help you get the care you need so that you and your family can begin to recover.
Throughout your case we will remain attentive and responsive to your medical and legal needs and meticulously prepare your case for trial. Our firm seeks out and retains the top medical specialists in the field to bring a comprehensive knowledge base to your case that will surpass the medical expertise on the other side. If necessary, we also retain expert accountants and financial analysts because many hospital negligence cases have their own set of associated losses including lost wages, the cost of care and many other monetary costs. In order to accurately assess what these costs will be for the remainder of a victim’s life, we use financial professionals to derive fair resolutions for injury victims.
- $3,000,000 wrongful death settlement for the family of patient who was overdosed with opioid pain medication by his local hospital. The death occurred after a nurse made an error and incorrectly transcribed an order for Dilaudid, an opioid pain medication, raising it to a fatal dose. The order was filled by the hospital pharmacist who never questioned it. The hospital never told the family about the deadly medication error. Our skilled medical malpractice attorneys investigated the case and uncovered the truth. We were able to hold the hospital accountable for their negligence and obtain compensation for the family of the patient despite the fact that he did not experience any pain and suffering and had a limited income to support his family.
- "Preparation for & Presentation to the Medical Review Panel," in Hospital Liability, Practising Law Institute, 1979.
- "Liability for Adverse Drug Reactions" and "Liability for Hospital Acquired Infections," in Hospital Liability & Risk Management, Practising Law Institute, 1981.
- Current Trends in Hospital Liability, Law Journal Seminars-Press, 1981, 1985, 1986, 1987, 1988 and 1990.
- Malpractice in the Emergency Room, Practising Law Institute, 1988 and 1992.
Disclaimer: Please be advised that the results achieved in any given case depend upon the exact facts and circumstances of that case. Gair, Gair, Conason, Rubinowitz, Bloom, Hershenhorn, Steigman & Mackauf cannot guarantee a specific result in any legal matter. Any testimonial or case result listed on this site is based on an actual legal case and represents the results achieved in that particular case, and does not constitute a guarantee, warranty or prediction of the outcome of any other legal matter.