New York Truck Accident Lawyer
For example, the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration, which is part of The United States Department of Transportation, has the authority to promulgate safety regulations which govern Commercial Truckers and Companies. There are numerous safety regulations which apply depending on the classification of the truck involved. Further, there are many regulations governing drivers, including mandatory medical examinations, limits on hours per shift, drug testing and many more.OUR HIGHLY EXPERIENCED NEW YORK TRUCK ACCIDENT ATTORNEYS CAN HELP
In addition to having an understanding of traffic laws, our NYC truck accident attorneys have vast experience in performing independent investigations of trucking accidents. By interviewing witnesses, photographing the scene, obtaining surveillance video of the accident and obtaining accident reconstruction experts,our New York City truck accident lawyers uncover all necessary evidence to build the strongest possible cases for their clients. There are numerous documents which must be obtained including, Driver’s Log Book, Trip Sheet, Route Schedule, and Time Card, all drivers’ logs, manifests and other documents prepared by or on behalf of the driver for the period of 30 days prior to and including the date of the accident. Additionally inspection reports must be requested, among them, Inspection reports prepared for the truck, involved in the occurrence, including the inspection report for the date of accident, the first inspection report and checklist for the truck following the accident. Our NY truck accident injury lawyers have decades of experience which enable them to quickly identify the documents critical to a successful resolution of the case.CASES OF NOTE
The experience of our attorneys in handling trucking accident cases is demonstrated by some of our our recent results:
- $41,500,000 verdict for the wife and the 4 children of a NYC sanitation worker who was fatally struck by a street sweeper. This is one of the largest wrongful death award in Queens County. Read more about the case here
- $26,000,000 settlement for a 35 year old mother of a new born infant struck and killed by a truck on 6th avenue in Manhattan. This is believed to be the highest settlement for any wrongful death case involving one person in New York State history.
- $11,750,000 cash settlement recovered against a Japanese based freight carrier for a Manhattan woman hurt when the wheel of a tractor trailer fell off and hit her.
- $10,775,000 for a woman who sustained a brain injury after she was struck by two tires which came off of a moving tractor trailer.
- $5,000,000 recovery for the widow of a physician killed in an N.Y.P.D. tow truck accident.
- $4,800,000 verdict for the wrongful death of a 8 year old child killed as the result of the negligence of a truck driver.
As recently reported by the New York Times, more people will be killed in traffic accidents involving large trucks this year than have died in all domestic airline crashes over the past 45 years. The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration determined in their most recent review of trucking accidents that over 98,000 people were injured or killed by large trucks in 2013 alone. The New York State Department of Motor Vehicles, determined in 2014 over 5,000 people were injured or killed by large trucks in New York State.
Many trucking accidents occur due to the negligence of the operators of the trucks and/or the trucks’owners. In order to successfully bring a lawsuit based on a trucking accident, it is critical to hire attorneys that have a firm grasp of all trucking regulations and laws.
The New York Personal Injury Lawyers at Gair, Gair, Conason, Rubinowitz, Bloom, Hershenhorn, Steigman & Mackauf advocate for our clients' full financial recovery through detailed, meticulous preparation for trial. If you have been injured in a truck accident, please Contact our firm to discuss your case.
Disclaimer: Please be advised that the results achieved in any given case depend upon the exact facts and circumstances of that case. Gair, Gair, Conason, Rubinowitz, Bloom, Hershenhorn, Steigman & Mackauf cannot guarantee a specific result in any legal matter. Any testimonial or case result listed on this site is based on an actual legal case and represents the results achieved in that particular case, and does not constitute a guarantee, warranty or prediction of the outcome of any other legal matter.