New York Police Chase Accident Lawyer
If you have been injured or a loved one was killed in an accident caused by a police chase in New York, you need the expertise of a skilled and experienced police chase accident lawyer. Contact the Legal Team at Gair, Gair, Conason, Rubinowitz, Bloom, Hershenhorn, Steigman and Mackauf for a free consultation at (212) 943-1090 as soon as possible as the time to file a complaint against the NYPD is very short. We are dedicated to helping victims of police pursuits seek justice and obtain the compensation they deserve.Why Choose the NYPD Police Chase Accident Attorneys at Gair, Gair, Rubinowitz, Bloom. Hershenhorn. Steigman & Mackauf?
- Expertise: Our team specializes in handling police chase accident cases in New York:
- We take swift action, recognizing the time-sensitive nature of filing a Notice of Claim on your behalf with the City of New York following such an accident, which carries a 90-day deadline. Subsequently, our focus shifts to initiating a civil lawsuit against the city, a process for which we have a timeframe of one year and 90 days.
- We possess a profound comprehension of the intricacies associated with these cases and possess extensive familiarity with the complicated interplay of laws, policies, and protocols that have been established by both law enforcement agencies and city authorities to regulate police pursuits in New York City.
- Furthermore, we have an intimate understanding of the NYPD's internal policies and guidelines concerning police pursuits. Our knowledge extends to the comprehensive procedures and guidelines outlined within the NYPD Patrol Guide that officers are mandated to adhere to during pursuits - Procedure No: 221-15. These encompass essential factors that must be carefully evaluated before initiating a chase, with a paramount emphasis on safeguarding innocent bystanders from any potential risks.
- Additionally, due to the nature of their duties, police officers are afforded greater legal protections than civilians. As a result, it becomes imperative to enlist the assistance of a car accident attorney who possesses a profound familiarity with Section 1104 of the New York State Vehicle and Traffic Law. This specific section intricately regulates authorized emergency vehicles, and our legal professionals are well-versed in its nuances to effectively navigate the complexities of your case.
- Experience trial lawyers: Many attorneys lay claim to the title of "trial attorneys," yet their courtroom experience remains minimal or nonexistent. Their inclination leans towards resolving cases through settlements rather than pursuing trials. It's of utmost importance for the defendant's insurance company to acknowledge your attorney's readiness to take a case to trial. Without this recognition, the likelihood of receiving a settlement that accurately reflects the complete value of your case diminishes. When you choose our firm, you can have confidence that the defendant's insurance company will be fully aware of our attorneys' reputation for vigorously pursuing trials when a fair settlement offer is not presented. With years of experience, we have successfully represented numerous clients who have been affected by police chase accidents, securing favorable outcomes, and settlements.
- Compassion: We understand the physical, emotional, and financial toll that these accidents can have on victims and their families. We approach each case with compassion and dedication to achieving the best possible results.
- Case Evaluation: We offer a free initial consultation to assess the details of your case. During this consultation, we'll determine the viability of your claim and provide you with an overview of the legal options available to you.
- Investigation: Our legal team conducts thorough investigations to gather evidence, interview witnesses, review police reports, and reconstruct the accident scene. This meticulous approach helps us build a strong case on your behalf.
- Negotiation: We are skilled negotiators who strive to obtain maximum compensation for your medical expenses, property damage, pain and suffering, and more.
- Litigation: If a fair settlement cannot be reached, we are fully prepared to take your case to court. Our experienced trial lawyers will vigorously advocate for your rights and interests in front of a judge and jury.
Types of Compensation we will fight for:
- Medical Expenses
- Property Damage
- Lost Wages
- Pain and Suffering
- Emotional Distress
- Wrongful Death (if applicable)
1. What is a police chase accident?
A police chase accident occurs when a vehicle being pursued by law enforcement officers is involved in a collision with another vehicle, pedestrian, or property. These accidents can result in serious injuries and damage due to the high speeds and reckless behavior often associated with police pursuits.
2. Who can be held responsible for a police chase accident?
Responsibility for a police chase accident can be attributed to various parties, including the law enforcement agency, the pursuing officers, and even the driver being pursued. Determining liability requires a thorough investigation into the circumstances of the chase and the collision.
3. What should I do if I'm involved in a police chase accident?
If you're involved in a police chase accident, prioritize your safety and seek medical attention if needed. Report the accident to the police, gather information from witnesses, and document the scene if possible. Then, contact an experienced police chase accident lawyer to discuss your case before making any statements to insurance companies. Never talk to the insurance company of the defendant(s).
4. How can a police chase accident lawyer help me?
A skilled police chase accident lawyer can provide legal guidance, investigate the accident, gather evidence, negotiate with insurance companies, and pursue legal action if necessary. They aim to secure compensation for your injuries, damages, and losses resulting from the accident.
5. What type of compensation can I receive?
Compensation in police chase accident cases may include medical expenses, property damage, lost wages, pain and suffering, emotional distress, and in cases of wrongful death, funeral expenses, and loss of companionship.
6. Is there a time limit for filing a police chase accident claim?
Yes, there is a time limit known as the statute of limitations for filing a police chase accident claim. in New York you only have 90 days to file a Notice of Claim with the City of New York and one year and 90 days to file a civil lawsuit against the city.
7. How much does it cost to hire a police chase accident lawyer?
Our police chase accident lawyers work on a contingency fee basis, which means they only get paid if you win your case. We will typically take a percentage of the settlement or verdict as our fee. This arrangement allows victims to seek legal representation without upfront costs.
8. Can I still pursue a claim if I was a passenger in the pursued vehicle?
Yes, passengers in both the pursued vehicle and other vehicles involved in the accident may have grounds to pursue a claim for compensation. Regardless of your role, it's recommended to consult with an attorney to assess the specifics of your case.
9. What sets your law firm apart in handling police chase accident cases?
Our law firm specializes in police chase accident cases in New York. We have a proven track record of successfully representing clients in similar cases, and our deep understanding of local traffic laws and police procedures gives us a unique advantage in building strong cases for our clients.
10. How can I get started with my police chase accident case?
Getting started is easy. Contact the NYPD chase accident attorneys at Gair, Gair, Conason, Rubinowitz, Bloom, Hershenhorn, Steigman & Mackauf today for a free consultation at (212)-943-1090 or fill in a form online on our contact page. During this initial conversation, we'll discuss the details of your case, assess its viability, and provide you with guidance on the next steps to take.