Hiring a New York Personal Injury Lawyer
For the last 90 years, the New York Personal Injury Lawyers at Gair, Gair, Conason, Rubinowitz, Bloom, Hershenhorn, Steigman & Mackauf have represented clients who have suffered serious personal injury or death as a result of other people’s negligence. Since our firm is selective in the cases that we agree to handle we put in all of the time and money that is required to maximize the ultimate recovery for the injury suffered and believe that over the years our results are unsurpassed.LARGEST JURY VERDICT IN NY STATE IN 2018
In December 2018, our NY injury attorneys obtained an $85 million verdict for a pedestrian who suffered catastrophic injury after being hit by a tour bus in Manhattan. This verdict is the highest verdict awarded by a jury in New York State and the 25th highest in the US in 2018. The victim was awarded by the Manhattan Supreme Court jury $45 million for past pain and suffering and $40 million for future pain and suffering. The 54 year old pedestrian was in the crosswalk with the light in his favor when a red double decker sightseeing bus tour struck him and seriously injured him. He spent 78 days in the hospital and sustained 11 operations. The victim is now able to walk with a brace but will sustain constant pain for the rest of his life.
A few month earlier, in September 2018, our personal injury lawyers obtained $27.5 million sex abuse settlement paid by the Brooklyn Diocese. This is one of the highest settlement paid in the country by the catholic church for sexual abuse.
In 2017, our accident attorneys obtained a $71 million verdict for a client who suffered a spinal injury in a car accident and a 41.5 million verdict for a man who was fatally struck by a truck. These verdicts were the second and third highest personal injury verdicts obtained in the entire State of New York in 2017.
A total of 6 verdicts obtained by our firm were listed in the 2017 Top New York Verdicts as seen in New York Magazine. No other firm in New York had that many verdicts listed in the 2017 Top New York Verdicts. Year after year our attorneys are selected by Leaders in the Law as New York's Leading Personal Injury Lawyers.
TOP 10 PERSONAL INJURY LAWYERS IN NEW YORK
We have more personal injury lawyers selected by The Best Lawyers in America than any other plaintiff's personal injury law firm in New York. Eight of our attorneys have been listed in the Best Lawyers in America as seen in New York Magazine: Stephen Mackauf, Ben Rubinowitz, Jeffrey Bloom, Anthony Gair, Howard Hershenhorn, Richard Steigman and Marijo Adimey have all been recognized as Best Lawyers and each of these attorneys have achieved multi-million dollar recoveries on behalf of their clients in personal injury cases. Recently Best Lawyers named Howard Hershenhorn NYC Personal Injury Lawyer of the Year 2020.
- Wrongful Death
- Medical Malpractice
- Birth Trauma
- General Negligence
- Auto Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Bicycle Accidents
- Truck Accidents
- Airplane Accidents
- Train Accidents
- Construction Accidents/Labor Law
- Crane Accidents
- Products Liability
- Defective Products
- Elevator Accidents
- Escalator Accidents
- Unsafe Premises
- Police Brutality
- Brain & Spinal Cord Injuries
- Electrical Shock and Electrocution Accidents
- Explosion and Fire Accidents
Throughout the years, our personal injury attorneys have successfully represented individuals and families in New York and New Jersey who suffered injury by the negligence or recklessness of others and we understand how devastating and overwhelming it can be to deal with mounting costs and suffering caused by serious personal injury. We retain the very best experts including accident reconstructionists, biomechanical engineers, medical doctors, forensic pathologists, economists and other experts from the various disciplines involved in the case because every personal injury case requires the plaintiff to prove both liability and damages. Each case has its own set of associated costs, including pain and suffering, lost wages, the cost of care and many other monetary costs and these must be clearly demonstrated. Our trial lawyers will document and preserve any evidence necessary to prove your case and meticulously prepare your case for trial.
Some of or other recent successful personal injury cases include:
- $103,000,000 verdict (one of the largest ever) in a Broome County medical malpractice case on behalf of a baby brain damaged at birth.
- $90,939,857 jury verdict for a child whose cerebral palsy was due to the failure of an obstetrician to diagnose placental abruption and who thus delayed the cesarean section that was necessary to rescue the baby who was suffering from a lack of oxygen.
- Gair, Gair, Conason, Rubinowitz, Bloom, Hershenhorn, Steigman & Mackauf was named as Lead Counsel for the case involving fire at Stouffer's Hotel in Westchester County. We represented the estates of 11 members of the Board of Directors of a Fortune 500 Company killed in the fire. Case settled for more than $50,000,000.
- $59,200,000 verdict for a former New York City high school student who suffered devastating burns during a botched chemistry experiment.
- $27,500,000 verdict for a pedestrian struck by a bus. The pedestrian suffered the loss of her leg. This is the largest verdict for such an injury in New York State history.
- $26,000,000 settlement for the family of a 35 year old woman who was a pedestrian struck and killed by a truck on 6th Ave in Manhattan. This is believed to be the largest settlement in the history of New York for the wrongful death of one individual.
- Gair, Gair, Conason, Rubinowitz, Bloom, Hershenhorn, Steigman & Mackauf was named as Lead Counsel for the explosion on Ann Street resulting in 12 deaths and multiple personal injuries. The case settled for $18,000,000.
- $17, 250,000 verdict for a man who was rendered partially incontinent as a result of medical malpractice in failing to diagnose a spinal malformation.
- $16,000,000 settlement an asbestos handler/construction worker who fell 25 feet from a scaffold at the former Pepsi bottling plant in Long Island City.
- Gair, Gair, Conason, Rubinowitz, Bloom, Hershenhorn, Steigman & Mackauf was named as Lead Counsel for the Grammercy Park Explosion, the case settled for $14,000,000.
- $14,000,000 settlement on behalf of tenants injured as a result of the negligence of Con Edison when a pipe exploded.
- $12,500,000 verdict for the wife of a parking garage employee who fell from and was killed by a man lift while at work.
- $12,500,000 verdict on behalf of a pedestrian who suffered degloving injuries to her leg and buttocks after being struck by a bus.
- $12,000,000 settlement for a man who was over radiated by the radiation center where he was treated for cancer.
- $10,750,000 settlement against a Japanese shipping company for negligence in maintaining their tractor trailer allowing the rear wheels to break off striking a pedestrian and causing severe burns and mild brain damage.
- $10,000,000 settlement for a woman rendered blind as a result of being struck by a drunk driver.
- $ 10,000,000 settlement in Nassau County for a woman who suffered severe personal injury to her legs as a result of the negligence of a bus driver.
- $9,500,000 million settlement for brain damage to a professional young woman who had surgery for her uterine fibroids but then but then had her endotracheal tube removed prematurely so that she stopped breathing on her way to the recovery room.
- $8,000,000 settlement in a medical malpractice case in which a woman was rendered brain damaged as a result of anesthesiologic malpractice.
- $8,000,000 settlement in a medical malpractice case for a woman who contracted vulvulus (an intestinal blockage) following colon surgery.
- $ 8,000,000 settlement on behalf of an 18-year old boy in a medical malpractice lawsuit where a physician prescribed the medication Depakote without monitoring the boy’s liver functions despite the known effects of Depakote on the liver. As a result of the failure to monitor the liver functions, the plaintiff sustained complete liver failure requiring a liver transplant and a hepatic encephalopathy resulting in brain damage.
- $7,000,000 settlement for a 68 year old man who was struck by a Town of Parsipanny bus that turned into him while he was crossing the street. The Judge stated that he believes this was the highest settlement ever in any personal injury case he has handled in the last 20 years in Morris County N.J.
- $7,000,000 settlement on behalf of five people who suffered leg injuries in an elevator accident caused by negligent maintenance of the elevator support cable.
- $6,100,000 settlement in a Dutchess County medical malpractice case involving the death of a woman after giving birth.
- $6,000,000 settlement in Bergen County, New Jersey in a combination motor vehicle accident / medical malpractice case for a 61 year old woman who sustained a herniated disc as a passenger in a motor vehicle accident. She subsequently underwent a neurosurgical procedure to remove the herniated disc during which the surgeon slipped and lacerated the dura of her spinal cord.
- $5,800,000 settlement for a man who suffered paraplegia as a result of a fall from a scaffold when it was struck by a hi-lo.
- $5,000,000 settlement in a New York Personal Injury case for injury suffered by the plaintiff when a fire escape on which he was standing collapsed causing him to fall 30 feet to the ground.
At Gair, Gair, Conason, Rubinowitz, Bloom, Hershenhorn, Steigman & Mackauf, our NYC Personal Injury Lawyers aggressively work to help you and your family pursue compensation for your injuries. If you have been injured due to the negligence of another, please Contact our firm to discuss your case.
Disclaimer: Please be advised that the results achieved in any given case depend upon the exact facts and circumstances of that case. Gair, Gair, Conason, Rubinowitz, Bloom, Hershenhorn, Steigman & Mackauf cannot guarantee a specific result in any legal matter. Any testimonial or case result listed on this site is based on an actual legal case and represents the results achieved in that particular case, and does not constitute a guarantee, warranty or prediction of the outcome of any other legal matter.