NYC Personal Injury Lawyer Near You
The NY Personal Injury Attorneys at Gair, Gair, Conason, Rubinowitz, Bloom, Hershenhorn, Steigman & Mackauf specialize in the most serious and significant personal injury and general negligence cases, which range from construction accidents and car accidents (including truck, bus, pedestrian, premises liability, and bicycle accidents ) to medical malpractice, child sexual abuse including clergy abuse, traumatic brain injuries, and complex products liability claims.
Our New York injury lawyers has staked their superior reputation on their dedication, sensitivity and commitment to personal service.
Our highly reviewed NYC law firm is based in Manhattan but handles cases throughout NY State and New York City including Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, the Bronx, and Staten Island.WHY CHOOSE OUR PERSONAL INJURY LAW FIRM? TOP PERSONAL INJURY VERDICTS AND SETTLEMENTS
In the last 10 years alone, Gair, Gair, Conason, Rubinowitz, Bloom, Hershenhorn, Steigman & Mackauf's impressive track record includes more than 400 cases resulting in verdicts or settlements exceeding $1 million. Among the most notable awards were:
- #1 NY School Accident verdict in 2019: a $59.2 MILLION VERDICT for a student who was burned alive during a chemistry experiment was upheld by a New York Supreme Court Judge. (See more to the right).
- #1 jury verdict in New York in 2018 and #25 nationally: $85 MILLION VERDICT for a pedestrian struck by a tour bus in Manhattan.
- $71 MILLION VERDICT for a woman who suffered a spinal injury in a NY car accident.
- $27,500,000 RECORD SETTING SEXUAL ABUSE SETTLEMENT against the catholic church on behalf of four young boys who were sexually abused by a worker at a local church in Brooklyn. (See more to the right).
- $41.5 MILLION VERDICT for a city sanitation worker killed by a street sweeper truck.
- Howard Hershenhorn was named BEST LAWYERS' 2020 NEW YORK CITY PERSONAL INJURY LITIGATION-PLAINTIFFS "LAWYER OF THE YEAR".
- Ben Rubinowitz was named BEST LAWYER’s "LAWYER OF THE YEAR" 2018 for Legal Malpractice Law - Plaintiffs in New York City, "LAWYER OF THE YEAR 2017" for Personal Injury Litigation - Plaintiff in New York City, "LAWYER OF THE YEAR" 2016 for Product Liability Litigation - Plaintiff in New York City, "LAWYER OF THE YEAR" 2013 for Personal Injury Litigation - Plaintiff in New York City.
- Best Lawyers® named NYC Personal Injury Attorney Anthony Gair "LAWYER OF THE YEAR 2018" for PRODUCT LIABILITY LITIGATION IN NEW YORK for the second time. The first time was in 2011.
- Anthony Gair and Ben Rubinowitz have been recognized by America's Top 100 Attorneys as two of the top 100 attorneys, all practices included, in New York State.
Our national reputation as "counsel to the profession" makes us the top choice for fellow members of the Bar who seek the best representation possible for those they refer. Over the years our attorneys have handled some of the highest profile personal injury cases:
- Our firm represented the family of Amadou Diallo in a police brutality case and obtained what at the time was the largest amount that had ever been paid by the city of New York in a wrongful-death action for the death of a single individual.
- Our attorneys obtained a secret but substantial settlement for the family of comedian Joan Rivers who died from medical malpractice.
- Our firm represents two victims who suffered child sexual abuse by actor Kevin Spacey. The lawsuit is ongoing.
- Two of our personal injury attorneys obtained a $4.6 million verdict for the family of Marylin Dershowitz, a retired Manhattan Supreme Court special referee who died in a bicycle accident. She was fatally struck by a postal tractor trailer truck while she was riding her bike in Manhattan in the company of her husband Nathan Dershowitz of Dershowitz, Eiger & Adelson. After a two-week bench trial the federal government was found 100% liable for the fatal accident.
Her family was extremely pleased by the verdict and here is what her husband, Nathan Z. Dershowitz, had to say about our firm:
"I appreciate the work your firm did in securing a just decision in the case involving my wife's tragic death, as a result of the negligence of the United States Postal Service.SELECTIVITY
Your firm's reputation for aggressive and thorough pre-trial preparation is well-deserved as Peter's pre-trial preparation was superb.
Your firm's reputation as one of the top personal injury litigating firms was similarly well displayed by Ben's trial preparation before a knowledgeable and inquisitive federal Magistrate Judge. But equally important to me was your firm's availability and willingness to answer questions about the case whenever members of my family or I called or emailed questions.
It is a pleasure dealing with a law firm where, from the managing partner to the support staff every member and employee of the firm was courteous and attentive."
In order to maintain the highest standards of quality and service, GGCRBHS&M takes on a maximum of 100 cases a year. This concentrated focus allows for the meticulous trial preparation such substantial cases require and ensures that tort victims receive reasonable and just compensation for the full measure of their damages.STRUCTURE
Our New York injury lawyers carefully screen each case before assigning it to a team selected for its relevant expertise. The diverse backgrounds of the firm's 17 attorneys - including top-rated trial attorneys, renowned appellate court attorneys, two medical doctors and an emergency medical technician - gives each team a unique perspective for evaluating, preparing and trying its case, aided by state-of-the-art support services and courtroom technology.#1 NY JURY VERDICT OF 2018
Our firm obtained the highest jury verdict in New York State for a pedestrian who suffered catastrophic injury in a bus accident in downtown Manhattan. After a week trial, a jury awarded a total of $85 million ($45 million for past pain and suffering and $40 million for future pain and suffering) to a man who was struck by a red double decker sightseeing bus. The pedestrian suffered multiple injuries and spent 78 days in the hospital. He sustained 11 surgical operations. At the time of the trial he was walking with an AFO Brace and was still suffering from chronic neurological pain. This verdict is #1 in New York State and #25 nationally for 2018.NEW YORK'S TOP VERDICT 2017
Additionally, in 2017 our New York Personal Injury Lawyers obtained the second and third highest personal injury verdicts listed in New York State. Car accident lawyer NYC obtained a $71 million verdict for a student who sustained a spinal cord injury in a car accident and a $41.5 million verdict for the wrongful death of a father in a truck accident . These two verdicts were also the fourth and fifth highest NY verdicts listed in 2017 for all categories of law. Our personal injury lawyer NYC law firm had a total of six cases listed in New York's Top Verdicts 2017. No other firm in New York had that many cases listed in New York's Top Verdicts 2017.
9 of our Lawyers have been listed in the 2022 Best Lawyers in America as seen in New York Magazine: Marijo Adimey, Diana Carnemolla, Ben Rubinowitz, Jeffrey Bloom, Anthony Gair, Christopher Donadio, Richard Steigman, Howard Hershenhorn and Allan Zelikovic . Each of these attorneys have achieved multi-million dollar recoveries on behalf of their clients. Richard Steigman also received the prestigious Best Lawyers™ 2022 Medical Malpractice Law - Plaintiffs "Lawyer of the Year" award in New York, NY. Additionally 3 of our young lawyers were included in the 2022 "Ones to Watch" list: Rachel Jacobs, David H. Larkin and James Rubinowitz.
For the sixteenth consecutive year, our attorneys have been named New York Super Lawyers. In 2021, 8 of our best New York personal injury attorneys were selected. These are: Ben B. Rubinowitz, Anthony H. Gair, Howard S. Hershenhorn, Jeffrey B. Bloom, Richard M. Steigman, Marijo C. Adimey, Diana M.A. Carnemolla and Peter J. Saghir. Additionally, Christopher Donadio, Rachel Jacobs, James Rubinowitz and Richard Soldano were named Super Lawyers Rising Stars.
Our personal injury law firm was also selected by the National Law Journal and Law.com to be part of the 2014 Top 50 list of America's Elite Trial Lawyers. The 50 personal injury firms selected for this list have been doing the most creative and substantial work on the plaintiff side. To qualify for inclusion, firms had to have scored at least one significant plaintiffs win between Jan. 1, 2013, and June 30, 2014, and possess an impressive track record of wins within the past three to five years. A "significant win" meant prevailing in a bench or jury trial or in a major settlement where the stakes were high-for example, a substantial amount of money was at stake or the outcome could have affected litigation strategy or results in similar cases nationally.